Blog 3 - Home

     To me home is much more than the place that I live. Home has more to do with where your heart wants to be which is a cliche but cliches exist for a reason. When I think of home, two places come to mind: my childhood home, and my current home. Currently, I live on campus and yet the place I would currently consider home is not campus, it would be where my family lives, where I have lived for the past five years. Aside from being better living conditions than on campus, there exists somewhat of a warmth to the place, as if I am looking at it through rose colored glasses. I believe this stems from the fact that my family lives there and I enjoy many memories with them, memories that are tied to that place. The second place I consider home, my childhood home, I believe is the same. Despite not living there anymore, I still have many fond memories of that place, so much so that in my dreams I actually gravitate towards that as my home rather than where I currently live.

How To Design A Home? 6 Steps To Design Your Dream Home | Foyr

    In talking with people, you will also find that they describe more than just their house as a home, it could be a town, a community, or just a group of people. One other aspect of a home is that it is a place where you feel like you can be yourself. In these groups, these people can be themselves or have strong memories tied to areas and people. Thus they associate those groups with a warm and fuzzy feeling, the feeling of looking through rose colored glasses at something, the same feeling you feel when thinking about home. As a result, a home doesn't even have to be a place, it can be a community or a single person.

How to Establish a Strong Community in an Online Course - The FLTMAG

Comments